Do you enjoy being a Keeper at Home?

List some of the joys you receive from the blessing of being at home with your family...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I knew what you were referring to, Anon, and I consider being a keeper of the home one of the most cherished roles in my life. I don't always enjoy cleanning up the messes like Staci said, but nurturing my family is of the utmost importance to me. Today my daughter and I walked to a new park and made up a game in which I was a troll who required her to answer riddles, such as naming the days of the week or a yellow fruit or the like, before she could cross my bridge and escape from the castle. I wouldn't have wanted to be doing anything else.

I do understand why the reference would be confusing to others who didn't know what you were speaking of.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• A what?
    Honestly if you're referring to SAHM's using the term "keeper" makes it sound as though you're talking about SAHM's like they are Jail wardens. Now I may be "strict"but I don't have my kids under lock and key. Then again I'm not religious and don't believe in "god" either. So I guess I don't have to treat my kids as prisoners.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Cleaning up everyone's messes.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:55 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I hear Keeper and I think of Quidditch

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:03 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I'm only a keeper in the sense that my house is sometimes like a zoo.
    Getting my kids rounded up for school in the morning is like herding cats.
    So, yea I guess I'm a keeper of zoo cats.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• butterfly-LOL! personally im more of a seeker. i seek lost toys, lost crayons, lost socks, and... i find them. that is my "role" around the house and damn do i know my place.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• lol too much Kristi!!! This is funny this question!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I was reffering to the Bible...It refers to the wife and mother as the Keeper of the Home and I find it a very honorable role. I love it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I get to scoop cat shit every day?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• lmao butterflyblue!
    sahmamax2