My husband is angry that i filed for divorce

i bet he's amazed that i had the balls. he has told me repeatedly "deal with it or don't" (the bullshit he does like texting another woman) so I decided that I don't want to deal with it. i love him deeply but I need to reinstall my self-respect.

how long do you think he'll be angry? was your spouse angry when you filed? he had no idea i was filing btw although i did tell him i was at a divorce lawyers office today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Mar. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Who cares how long he'll be angry!!! Screw him!! Congratulations on your new found strength... hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:14 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Too bad for him! Let him be angry as long as he wants. Feel the liberation because it's no longer your problem, you go girl!

Besides, people who don't think you have the balls are always angry when you prove them wrong.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:15 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• thank you. it's an inner struggle. part of me wishes he could just hold me & make it all better. a small part, an irrational part, but a part.

the reason i hope he stops being angry is so we can work out custody & support without going to court.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I wouldn't care how angry he is nor for how long!
    Good for you for following through!

Go to Ballads post about open bar and celebrate with Jello shots!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• boo hoo for him reality just kicked him in the head & hard too!
    good for you, stay strong, chin up
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• the reason i hope he stops being angry is so we can work out custody & support without going to court.

DO NOT count on that!! Protect yourself, carry on like he will not stop being angry and do what's best for you an your child!! (((Hugs)))
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• I filled in Jan 2010. My divorce was final Sept 2010, my ex is still angry & acts like an ass.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:18 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Some people stay angry forever while others seem to move on quite easily. Some people are just better off apart than they are together.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

I hate to be a debbie downer but, that won't happen. Just keep staying strong & hang in there mama.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:20 PM on Mar. 26, 2013

• Good for you, baby doll! He's angry that you're proving him wrong, that you're strong enough to not need him. It will get easier- I'm coming up on a year.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:27 PM on Mar. 26, 2013