A disturbing placard at my grocery store...

I get fresh honey in the bulk foods isle. It comes from a spout in a box.

The placard says "Do not open. Bees will escape."

..... Perhaps I am crazy but.... Just maybe they should put a lock on the live bee box? Hmm?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Wow! That is great! I wish we had that here.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• they do that to keep people from opening the top and contaminating the product.

there are no bees
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 12:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Is it a joke? Do they really keep bees inside the store? Wouldn't they die? How do they pollinate?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Say what? Where on earth do you shop? Wegmans doesn't even have fresh honey like that.

Do you mean the bees are in the box producing it? Wait, no wait. Not possible. How do they venture out to pollinate.

I must be brain dead exhausted here. Never heard of the word placard. I had to google it. Am I really a communications major? Lol.

PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I see those boxes all the time at the co op where we buy organic, and there are no bees! I think its sarcasm...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I go to Winco too where they have these.. I lifted the lid - Believe me, there are NO bees!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 12:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• dang...i wish i knew of a place that had that here! local honey is the best for calming my spring allergies!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:01 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• It's exaggerated wording to keep people from opening the box and contaminating the whole lot. There aren't bees in there... but it worked on you didn't it! And it works on everyone else too because the vast majority of people are terrified of bees. I love bees and will catch them with my bare hands. They won't sting you unless you threaten them. One day I will have my own urban bee hive
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Well. Let me explain... Wait I don't know a thing about bees. It is not a joke. I will snap a pic next time.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• So there is a box filled with bees. You turn the spout and it gives you fresh honey? It's inside a store? Are bees swarming around it?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 12:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2013