What's your definition of....

White trash? My neighbor next door is constantly saying " oh so and so is nuttin but white trash".

Wth does that even mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• I did not know this was still being used.
    I remember back in the 80s in school people would refer to some students as this, cause they were poor, wore dirty clothes, known to have sexual relations with cousins.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I went to school in the eighties, too, and it was basically a slur for the kind of people who lived in mobile homes with cars up on blocks out front and broken-down washing machines on the porch.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• It is me.

Well it could be me someday.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:34 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I use that term all the time. Most of the white trash around here have teeth missing and wear their pajama pants to walmart. The ones who can't find an unstained shirt to leave the house in, or a bra, and have feet that are dirty and black because all they wear are flip-flops.
    I had a convo with a black friend one time, and she was like "Black people don't have that. We don't have black trash- we have... (and then she said the N word!!)" YIKES!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• You can find a lot of them on the people of walmart site. Good times.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• LOL, people who say "nuttin".

I guess basically white trash people are poor rednecks living in trailers who display rebel flags, are racist, ignorant and love guns & camo far too much. Still wear mullets (the parents), lack all of their teeth. Think it's ok that their 16 yr old DD, mother of 2, is a HS drop-out who will work at the "Pic N' Save" all her life. And, accept that their son will be in & out of prison for life.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:21 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• damn, 3 libras stole my answer! Yes Nuttin' is probably a good indicator!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 9:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• People that live in run down homes (stereotyprically trailers), don't do much but lay around and drink and cuss at their children and be nasty. Don't clean, don't have jobs or at least stable jobs, unkempt, barefoot, missing/rotted teeth.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• But people can still be white and trashy without necessarily being all that. I'd still consider someone to be white trash if they are loud, nasty, and are public about and don't care about everyone knowing about all the BS in their lives.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Guess I should add, not only white people are like this lol. Just specifically because you used the term "white trash". I've seen people of all races and whatever else act this way!
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013