Why did you choose to vaccinate or why didn't you?

xocyncyn

Asked by xocyncyn at 2:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I chose to vaccinate because the benefits of vaccinations far out weigh the risks
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• because my mom did with all her kids and were all healthy and she did a goo job raising all 5 of us so i want to be like her and i want to protect my son as best as i can and keep him healthy and protected.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with both of the first answers.

i choose to not put my baby girl on any risk. and not vaccinated kids are a health risk. so many kids died because they didnt get their vaccination shots. its really sad.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I chose to vaccinate because many of the diseases they prevent can either kill your child or cause long term issues with them if they catch them. I think the benefit outweighs any risk and would never be able to look myself in the mirror if I didnt vaccinate and my child caught a disease and died or had a long term disability. I know many people here are too young to remember people with Polio but it wasnt all that long ago. Talk to your grandparents and ask them why you should vaccinate.

Answer by gemgem at 2:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• "I chose to vaccinate because the benefits of vaccinations far out weigh the risks "

I agree.
    hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 2:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• these posters need to become more educated.

Vaccines are NOT safe and contain poisonous chemicals that MANY researchers and studies are linking to growing childhood epidemics like autism, ADHD and other mental/behavioral disorders.

Truth is most childhood diseases (like mumps and measles) are NOT fatal and actually strengthen the immune system once they are fought off.

Go here for real, factual information.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/37382

PLEASE do not just believe what doctors tell you. Remember, they are paid to "push" many drugs and vaccines that they THEMSELVES are not fully educated on. I am all for medical science and treatment for disease. I am NOT for pumping my perfectly healthy child full of dangerous and disputable toxins which may or MAY NOT even keep her healthy.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• doctors arent going to vaccinate children if it is not safe. come on. i vaccinate to keep my children healthier
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I did my research by reading actual studies, not articles on the studies and certainly not by what is said on a mom's board.

There are ZERO LINKS between autism and other mental/behavioral disorders. ZERO. There has NEVER been any causation shown....EVER.

I chose to vaccinate because the benefits DO FAR outweigh the risks. I wanted my children to be as protected as they could possibly be. And they are.
    Anonymous

•  

I believe to vaccinate because it protects them from many diseases out there. 

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• jodi205...you are being NAIVE. You must always be your child's advocate. Letting another person do the job is just not good parenting.

And to anon....the studies in that group are not "articles". they are compiled there so they are easy to access. I doubt you even read any of them as they would take much longer to do so than the 7 whole minutes it took for you to respond to me.

I am not saying DO or Do NOT. I am saying "READ" before you decide. My first child is fully vaccinated but I was uneducated on what she was actually recieving. Now I am better equipped to make informed choices before just going with whatever her doc says. Who WOULDN'T want to have more information?
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009