Pregnant or abnormal period? Looking for relatable stories/outcomes adult content

I am looking for people who have had similar things happen and who hopefully received an answer or outcome.
I am not needing information on when implantation takes place or text book answers, thank you though.

I am 25, I have a 2 1/2 daughter so I have been pregnant before. With my daughter I was 6 weeks before a pregnancy test was positive and I did have a "period" or what I know now was either implantation or breackthrough bleeding two weeks after conceiving.

I do keep track of my cervical postion and cervical mucus and track my ovulation. My period has for the most part always been regular and a standard 28 day cycle with 3 days of period (light,heavy,light).

Here is my question or concern:
I ovulated on March 7th, on the 11th, my fiance and I had intercourse and afterwards I went to get up and was struck with extreme cramping and tightness in my stomach and groin. This went on for serveral hours and came in waves and were as intense as my contractions had been when I was in labor with my daughter. I finally went to the ER early the next morning. I explained my symptons and they did a urine test, felt my stomach and wrote it off as Uterine spasms from having intercourse and sent me home. The pain was "better" but still hurt enough that just a couple days later on thursday I went back and they did blood work, ultrasound and said I may have had a cyst pop but that they didnt see fluid or anything. Thats as far as I got with that.

I was due for my period on March 18th but it was late, and I started spotting (brown)on the 21st - my cervix was high, medium soft and closed until this day. It was light bleeding, I wore a tampon (red blood) for just part of the day on the 22nd. It is now the 27th and I am still spotting very lightly, brownish and having lower pelvic and back cramps. The spotting and length of time and continued period like cramps are not normal. Also If i feel what I believe is a gas bubble build up in my stomach it is intense pain. I do remember gas pains and cramping early on in my previous pregnancy but because of the incident earlier in the month I dont want to make the assumption that i possibly could be pregnant, if in fact there may be something else going on.

We are not actively trying to conceive until June. However we have not taken any preccautions since January.

dms412

Asked by dms412 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:39 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Funny, not helpful, but funny. lol
    dms412

Comment by dms412 (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I'd say u need to see an ob/gyn. ER never does a thorough job. As long as you're stable they send you on your way. Having a long history with cysts myself I'm telling you it does not sound like that is all that is going on. I have heard that they can interfere with periods but mine were never quite like you are describing. Also with my miscarriage history I think it sounds way too similar. Please go to the gyno
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Also a tubal pregnancy does NOT show in a urine test so make sure you get a blood preg test.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 10:46 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Well the best bet in this case is to maintain contact with your primary care physician. It could be pregnancy, it could be an ovarian cyst that has ruptured (or is leaking) it could be caused by a stomach virus and you'll find yourself with the runs in 2 days. This is not web MD and we are not doctors. Wait a week, pee on a stick, and read the results. If you're still experiencing symptoms, go see your doctor again.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Yeah, because we are all trained medical professionals hereā€¦

Go to a doctor, not the ER.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:53 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I would say 4 days of bleeding and with the bright red, it was your period, I think you should go to the doctor and get a blood test, it it is an etopic pregnancy, it would have been to early to be visible from the sonogram when you went.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:57 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I understand that no one here is a medical proffessional, and yes going to the doctor would be my best option. However as i just started a new business with a partner, I dont have my insurance anymore at this moment, and cannot afford the costs of cash pay with an obgyn at this moment and so the next option is planned parenthood which isnt very thorough as well.
    That is simply why I am asking for relatable experiences and what the outcomes were so I can have an idea on what to watch for in the meantime.
    Also, I appriciate the obvious of going to pee on a stick, however, some people dont register on any test for several weeks/months... so that is not always the obvious solution.
    dms412

Comment by dms412 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I would say if you can't afford the cash pay at the ob, so to planned parenthood or BACK to the er. If you do have an ectopic going on, it could but your health in serious risk. Go now before the later medical bills are through the roof!
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 1:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Doctor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2013