I like to call it being creative/using my resources wisely....

So, at birthdays I keep the decent tissue paper, the gift bags/bows....
Egg cartons don't get tossed....I keep them for next year's seed starters....
Any piece of random ribbon starts getting saved....
I think you get the idea right?
Well this happens all the time, and now my husband is getting annoyed that I have all this stuff laying around. Not really laying around, but definitely not organized where I could say..."oh yea this is where all my craft supplies are, this is where all my wrapping paper/bags/bows are at"
In the moment when we need something and I have it (because I saved it) he's all for it, excited we didn't have to buy a gift bag or whatever, but day to day he's getting frustrated with this stuff ...

So, if your like me, where do you keep your stuff you save and how do you organize it all?

PS. I'm not a hoarder, I actually have OCD a little, so my floors and regular house hold stuff is all organized and put away properly. I just can't figure out how to store all the extra stuff and it's driving my OCD crazy! lol

CaliBlondeGirl

Asked by CaliBlondeGirl at 11:08 AM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Home & Garden

• I save a lot of that stuff too.
    all gift packaging - wrapping paper, ribbon, bows, gift bags, tissue paper, roll of tape and scissors - I keep in a long plastic bin that slides under the bed. Then when I need to wrap a gift I have it all in front of me by pulling the box out and opening it up.
    Egg Cartons - I only keep the part I need and stack those up (only as many as I need) and keep them on my gardening shelf in the garage with the fertilizer and digging tools and stacked empty pony packs and 4" pots.
    Everything else you gather, just buy some plastic containers/boxes for - different sizes OR get some doors installed over the cubbies in your laundry so you hubby doesn't see the clutter in the cubbies. Then just remind yourself you have the stuff.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I don't really collect that much stuff, but I do sell stuff on eBay. That leads to collecting boxes and plastic grocery bags. I keep the boxes in my trunk because I usually try to hit the Dollar General box bin every couple weeks. The plastic store bags I keep in a box on the pantry floor. Have you thought about just getting some plastic storage bins??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:13 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I have one very large cardboard box that contains shoe boxes with sorted stuff (a box of beads, a box of ribbons, etc.) in the cellar out of the way.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 11:14 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I have a very big bag I keep it all in, organizing tissue, gift bags and boxes....I keep it in my walk in closet tucked away so it won't clutter my closet.

Answer by older at 11:22 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I keep it all in a large gift bag
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:26 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I just keep the stuff I know I will be using right away.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I let Rumpke keep it all for me.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:09 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• The ideal situation would be to have my own space to be creative in, have everything visible and accessible......I don't have the space for a room but my laundry room has cubbies from the top of the washer/dryer to the ceiling. I've tried to organize it all in there, but my hubby doesn't want to see it. If I don't have it visible, I won't think about it and I won't use it because I don't think about it. Clear plastic bins might work....so I can see but it's contained...

CaliBlondeGirl

Comment by CaliBlondeGirl (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Mar. 27, 2013