Do you suffer from asthma? Do you use anything natural for it?

If so, what? I'm just curious as to what's out there as far as natural alternatives. I realize asthma is not something to fool around with, just asking.

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 11:18 AM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Health

• I have a natural pill that reduces oxidative stress which is the free radicals that we all consume on a daily basis, a lot of diseases are linked to this, this pill does not cure a thing but it does clean out your cells of all these toxins to make your body work at it's peak, if you are interested pm me....

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Coffee! Seriously, it's not a preventative, but I get a cup of strong black coffee when I feel an attack coming on. I've had asthma since I was really young, & my pediatrician recommended it. The caffeine makes the muscles around the airway loosen up.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 1:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I don't know of any natural remedies, except my pediatrician also recommended coffee from when I was about nine or ten. But a big part of treating my asthma and my daughter's is prevention. If it's cold when we go out, we wear scarves over our mouts and noses. If we're active and start having trouble, we take breaks as necessary. Both of us also avoid strong smells, especially synthetic ones, since they tend to grab our air.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:29 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I was surprised to see that chart today. Not sure if all of it is true but if I had asthma I'd want to know
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:31 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Ugh! Your question reminded me of a kid at work!

I really have no ideas of anything that is natural to use as an alternative.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:32 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• An aromatherapist can treat asthma with essential oils
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:35 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23268432this is one of 20 some articles in the pubmed.com site, which is the national Library of Medicine, this is where all doctors in our country come to post their findings....

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I have had it since I was little- not really sure of anything natural for it.
    I am currently using flovent ( was using Adviar, they are used daily - the disc ones) and have had almost no issues at all since getting on that like 10 yrs ago
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013