Do you agree or disagree with him, and if you agree, why?

so ill admit that *sometimes* i am wrong. sometimes i dont see the error in my ways until someone else points them out. so i thought id come here and ask if my ex is being a pompous ass as usual or if im being a bitch.

he asked if his family could come over for easter and i said no. well, first, he asked if my kids could go there and i told him no but HE is welcome to come hang out with us and participate in our traditions. i think that is fair and more than polite considering id rather him not be here intruding on our easter but i still invited him since im not comfortable with my kids going there (which is another issue entirely based on a safety concern)

but, that wasnt good enough for him. he says it isnt fair to his family. the wonderful, loving family that hasnt seen my kids since christmas and even then it was only an hour. the wonderful family who didnt even show up to their birthday parties that *i* threw and invited them all to. the wonderful loving family that doesnt ever call and ask to speak to them or how they are doing.

so he said that i need to call them and tell them i dont want them to come. ha....ha...ha... what do you think?

btw i told him that putting up and dealing with him is my limit and all that im required to do as their mother, and that his family is his family not mine so i dont owe them an explanation.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• I would have done the same thing. And he can call his family, that's not your responsibility. You're not being a bitch or unreasonable, he's being an ass.
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• No, you're right. If he was not scheduled to have them, then any time you give him is extra.
    My ex has them this weekend, Easter fell during his time. If it didn't, then I'd have them by myself.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• he said that i need to call them and tell them i dont want them to come.

guess he forgot getting a divorce means he doesnt get to tell you what you need to do anymore :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• You are 100% correct. Why should YOU entertain them? Wow, he wants his cake & eat it too I guess. How about this, say "If you want us all together then take us all out to dinner for Easter!" Otherwise he can come alone for dessert to your home or nothing. You have NO obligation to them at all. PERIOD!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I think you're justified in not inviting his family. Who was scheduled to have them for Easter? If there is no agreement for holidays, I think there should be and for now it should be split somehow to be fair to both sides (even though they're jerks for obviously not caring enough during birthdays, etc.). But if they are supposed to be with you on Easter, you're doing more than enough by allowing him to cover over and join.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• BTW, if you all go out to dinner make sure he kows he is paying for everything!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• ah no. You invited HIM not his family. HE needs to be the one to call. What dick. He had no business inviting more people.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I would have done the same thing.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• *knows(sp)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• bow downYou are right!

Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 1:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2013