Out of the crib and into the bed.

I'm just curious how some of you Moms got your toddlers out of their crib and comfortable with sleeping in a toddler bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Set up the bed, took down the crib and put them in for a nap first. Then that night put them to bed.

That pretty much did it.

My youngest kept getting up out of bed for about a week...we just kept putting him back, putting him back, putting him back, etc...

Now, none of them get up unless they have to go potty (two are trained) or we come get them! (yeah...I have freaky kids LOL)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I tried to make a big deal out of the BIG BOY bed. We got him a special blanket and we did a big boy bed dance for a couple nights at bed time. He loved it. I even had him put his stuffed animals 'to bed for a nap' to make it more fun. Good luck!!
    mndpfff

Answer by mndpfff at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I still rock my 2-year-old to sleep. I enjoy it and it's great bonding time. He isn't going to be small forever and he won't go off to college needing his mother to rock him so no big deal. He goes to daycare and naps just fine without anyone rocking him to sleep so I know he can do it. But anyway, we just went through this a few nights ago. I rocked him to sleep and them put him in his bed. He woke up in the morning a little confused. But we tried to spend time in the bed before I made him sleep in there. We sat in his bed and read books. He loved it and it helped him not be so freaked out by it.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My daughter is 30 months and she really like the enclosed feeling of her crib. I have set up both in her room and am letting her choose which one to sleep in. So far, she's only opted for her bed for a couple of "quiet times" - times when she chooses to lay down and rest for 10 minutes or so. At naptime and bedtime, she chooses the crib everytime. There's no hurry.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I took the side off mine and converted it. Same everything, just no side. DD loves that she can climb in and out of it. Most nights she's fine. Every so often we have to play the throw her back in w/o saying anything game. But only lasts about 4 times.
    Anonymous

• My son was in daycare so they trained him to nap on a mat at 18 months. Once he had the mat down pat was transformed his bed into the toddler bed. He got to pick the sheets and blankets. no issues.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• We just changed it over and told him, your big now. You sleep here.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009