I am beefin

Will I ask my hubby to be back home at 9:00 to wash the tub (I'm getting big and he tell me he do not want me to do that) But he got back at 10:00 and then he just sit there see I'm beefin cause he rool out and I had to do everything and did not go to sleep intil 1:00 and he want to know why I'm so mad. how i feel is the baby could stay home and I could had did everything on time. He act like a child am I in the wrong?

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• Let's see now.... He took the little one out got back a hour after the time you asked him to return. Communication is key to any relationship. If he claims to not like you cleaning, bending and such because your belly is growing, then he needs to honor his word! He said he didn't like you doing these things more than likely because he doesn't want anything to go wrong with the preganancy...So he needs to be a man of his word and even if he comes in late, he needs to do the things he says. I wouldn't argue with him. but I would let him know what he said to me and ask why should I have to mention these things not being done. You guys are supposed to be a team, and ofcourse you don't want your tub dirty...you want to bathe your kids and yourself in a clean tub and if you two are together, and he clearly knows it's hard for you to do this...then he needs to step up!!!
    jayesmom1

Answer by jayesmom1 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• im not understanding either sorry
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• "I am beefin" is a completely awesome phrase.

Not sure I understand it, but it's awesome.

You are mad because your husband didn't help clean - right?

Well, tell him that! When he gets home, say "please clean the tub, the way you said you would."

A loving reminder is not nagging.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• o.k. damn will my hubby and the baby want out I ask him to have her home at 9 so she can get a bath. (do u got that???) But when he got home it was about 10 and he did not do shit I ask( will he told me he was going to clean the tub). So he told me he have to run back out and will be back soon. But the thing that make me mad is I had to wash the tub and give 3 kids bath at 10:30 and did not go to sleep intil 1am and had to be up in 4 hours. I'm BEEFIN cause the baby could had been home and I could had did everything on time.
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Is it wrong that I'm mad at him for always putting other things 1st and let me do everything cause if so I was not up to have no more kids and I did it for him
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 2:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Do you have OCD. Your house has to be cleaned at a certain time or you will die. Relax, Don't stress so much about it.. The world will not end if the tub is not clean by a certain hour of the day.

Answer by louise2 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ok, dial it back.

Your husband and your child were out until 9:00 PM. He was supposed to give all the kids a tub and did not. He then left and didn't come back until much later.

Is that correct?

When he walk in the house at 9 - you immediately and sweetly say - please run the bath and make sure the kids scrub behind their ears. You remind him right away - before he sits down.

Alternately, you can schedule the day so that the kids are bathed when hubby is home and not so late at night - unless that works better for your schedule.

Since you are getting ready to have #4, it would seem this is a good time to start speaking up and making sure you and DH are on the same page as to what needs to be done and when. Or, depending on the age of the children, a good time to start bathing themselves.

Either way, stress is not good for you or the baby.

Drink your water, take your vitamins.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• See the thing is that I do not ask him to do to much when it come to bath time (I LOVE TOO DO IT) but when he tell me to chill out he got it when he come home. But when he did it's like 10:30 and he go back out (I do not know when he got back cause my room door was lock and he knows I'm mad.) But all I know is it was not before 1am. But I always tell him I do not care he he want to be out all night just do not tell me ur going to do it and at the end I have to do it. I hate it. I feel if i have to do it with no help I should just put him out and do it 100% I just want us to work together if he do not want to do it just don't say it
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I can totally see your point. He needs to say what he means and mean what he says.

You need to tell him that - very directly and lovingly.

He also needs to learn to budget his time better. Why is he out at all hours? I am fuddy duddy, true, but that seems to be unnecessary.

How old are all these kids anyway? Are they going to be able to do more around the house when the baby arrives?

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• will I have 6yr old a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old. I do try to talk to him but he always say (will u have to see where I'm coming from) But all I want to tell him see where I'm coming from. I wish he can do everthing I do and more so he can see everything I do on a day2day
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 3:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009