On a diet and im not eating enough calories.. but close to my suagr limit..help

on it my daily goal is 1,200 165 on carbs..4 on fat..45 on protine..2,000 on soduim.. and 24 on sugar..no matter what i do my calories are low like 769 for the day and almost - on the sugar. so if i eat a banana or 12 grapes im over my sugar.. any ideas on to help bring calories up with out making sugar also go up? also a good heatly snack so im not starvng in the afternoon.. also ideas on an actulal healthy butter.. even a bread.. any healthy food ideas. trying to lose 10lbs. and i go to the gym 2 times a week for 2 hrs. but im afraid i brn all calories that i did eat for the day. sigh..

tabbys4

Asked by tabbys4 at 2:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• Eat less fruit and more veggies.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Cheese, sliced turkey, carrots and cucumbers, cherry tomatoes

Answer by missanc at 2:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• What diet are you doing and what are you eating now? Most diets have sample meal plans, did this one not?

Also, nuts - specifically almonds

Answer by missanc at 2:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• What's you typical day's food look like. Can you type out for us what yesterday looked like? We can help you tweak it if we know what you are working with
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 2:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I eat oatmeal, steel cut and or old fashioned. Lots of snacky veggies like cucumbers, carrots, celery. Almonds, peanuts. Eggs are great for holding back hunger and weight loss.

I weigh and measure everything that I eat and make as much of it from scratch as possible.

Read the ingredients on everything that you do buy - whole grain breads are great, but only if they aren't chock full of crap like sugar, HFC, corn syrup.

And drink your water/green tea. At least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Less fruit and more veggies....
    More protein less carbs (AKA: sugars)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• There is no such thing as a "healthy butter"... although butter is better for you than margarine... just use VERY small amounts b/c it goes into your fat count.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Fruits are very high in sugars, even though the're natural sugars. Try substituting more veggies for some of the fruits.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2013