Do you think its better to have one child or no children???

everyone makes it seem to me like having one child is the worst thing to do to my daughter. god gave me one im thankful. id rather have one child to love then none at all. i wanted one child but 2 would be good but having more than one doesnt fit in my life. i am thankful and blessed for my daughter. im writing really

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• It's better to have as many child you see is good for your family.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Every family is different. If one is best for you then just stick with one.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I don't think there is any cut and dry answer to the number of children anyone should have. No two people are alike.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• My SO has 2 children - both considered "only children" as they are 11 years apart.
    His ds is 15 now. We are discussing having our own. I'd like 2 of my own. His only hang up is that "kids require so much 'entertaining'." My take from having the one in the house vs. watching my sister's 2 is that YES 1 child require more attention because they don't have that live-in friend/buddy to hang with, play with, entertain each other. When there is 2 or more they do things with each other. SURE they still need mom to look or watch or try this or play sometimes too, but it's not the full time undivided attention that one wants.
    Is it un-fair to you daughter... no, because she doesn't know any different.
    Anonymous

• If you are happy with just one then don't pay attention to what others tell you.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 2:47 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Whatever someone wants is fine as long as the children are taken care of.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:52 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Depends on what you want. Screw others that think that none is better than one.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• There are advantages to being an only child. More resources, both financial and emotional. Only kids tend to get "taken along" with the adults, so they often experience more in the area of museums, theater, that kind of thing. I think it's important to make sure your daughter, depending on her age, gets plenty of interaction with her peers, but that doesn't necessarily mean siblings. There are lots of ways she can have time with neighborhood kids, other students at school, or peers who share common interests with he.

I have one child, MUCH younger than her two half-siblings from my boyfriend's previous marriage. My boyfriend is twelve years older than I am, so there'S a good chance my daughter and I will be around longer than he is. I do worry that when I'm gone, or when I need care as an elderly person, she'll be alone to handle it. But by that time, hopefully she'll have her own friends and family to support her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013