No children vs. one child pros and cons??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• No children would mean you will never experience the joys of having a child of your own, your flesh and blood, one to carry on after you are gone....One child is better than none....

Answer by older at 2:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I wouldn't trade having a child of my own for anything in this world or the next. If you want a child, there's nothing like it, and it's worth every sacrifice you'll ever make.

That being said, having a child changes your priorities. You tend to travel less, see less theater, go to more kid-friendly restaurants, not have the time or energy for running around with friends, that kind of thing. If the freer lifestyle is important to you, then parenthood might not be your thing. You could still find a place to volunteer orinteract with children, but being a mom is 24/7.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I guess it depends on what kind of future you want. I did not envision having kids when I met DH. It wasn't something I felt I needed, that if the love I received and gave was just that between DH and myself, that would be enough. I had never tried to get pregnant before being with him. I can say now that I am glad I did have children. They have given me more joy and love than I could have ever imagined. I think that parenthood for some of us is a leap of faith and knowing that while the future may be more difficult in some ways, I can't imagine my life without my kids.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• We having no children is easier, y have more freedom i guess but having children is very rewarding. One child you can do more for financialy I guess, no sibling fighting but it's nice to have a sibling to share secrets, play with love and have a lasting reltionship with.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2013