Tricare Question!!

Last week I went to the doctor for my yearly exam, I discussed my cosntant back pain with my doctor and he gave me a referral for physical therapy. I haven't heard anythng from anyone... What is my next step,what am I supposed to do now?

molly_beth13

Asked by molly_beth13 at 2:55 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Military

• call tricare to see if the referral has been approved. If so then call the place he referred you to and make your appt.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• You are supposed to find out what physical therapists are covered by tri care in your area and call to make an appt. More than likely the doctor gave you the name of someone or someplace.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• my doctor did not give me any names, he only said it would most likely be off post... and then he made it sound like I would be contacted... I guess I'll be calling tricare today to find out what's going on.
    molly_beth13

Comment by molly_beth13 (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• when you call tricare they can tell you where he referred you too. Sounds like a base doctor so he knows how to handle tricare and mroe then likely referred you to a contracted doctor through tricare.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Thank you! i'm so frustrated, i want this back pain to go away and start pt asap!
    molly_beth13

Comment by molly_beth13 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2013