Where did god come from. How was he created?

I could see Dino's not being described in the bible as Dino's but as bohemiths, so that answers that question. But god created a whole planet of millions of different species detailed thousands of times over down to the molecule... Just so that he is worshiped? Who is this god guy that made us and our sole purpose to just worship just his NAME???

MissyRodgers

Asked by MissyRodgers at 3:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Which god?
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• by people...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Many books have been written about this. People have devoted their entire lives to finding out more about the subject. So 940 characters on a messageboard can hardly skim the surface of answering.

My personal belief is that God just is. He always was, always will be. He wasn't created because there was never a time when He did not yet exist. Hard to wrap our minds around.

As to why He created the planet and its millions of species--who knows? Maybe He enjoyed the creative process. Maybe it's like when we make a baby--we want to share our love with someone. Maybe He was bored. Whatever--I'm glad it happened.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:27 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Man's imaginations.
    Taken from other stories/myths and altered.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Don't you know he just POOFED there??

People made him up so they can control people.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• God was invented by man. Actually other gods & goddesses were invented first (to explain natural phenomens that they could not explain.  Then, later,  it was decided by the church, that there should only be "one true God", that works better for crowd control & intimidation, ya' know. And, that anyone not worshiping said "God" in the correct manner, would be sent to a lake of fire for all eternity.

I swear, the more of these questions I answer, the more I can't believe that people still believe this ridiculous crap in this day & age.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• how was god created? well, once upon a time, man wrote a story...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• God just always "was".  That's the answer my pastor gave me all those years ago when I asked this question in Sunday School.  He told me not to think about it any longer, because it would give me nightmares.

I believe he's right - to a point.  God just always "was" . . . once he was created by Bronze-Age tribal men who started to make up stories about how we came to be, assumed that we were the center of the universe, and created stories about an invisible, angry, all-powerful being to explain the uncertainties (and some of the certainties, like death) to themselves.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 4:31 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• no clue. but i dont think a higher power created us to worship him, nor do i think he created us as we are. if a higher power did start in motion the things we call the Big Bang and Evolution, i dont think he planned out a planet Earth, humans, or any of that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I really think you need to sit and talk with your pastor, if you want to go to church, then go to church, if you are not buying into it, then don't go.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:06 PM on Mar. 27, 2013