Watching Extreme Couponing, again... WHY???

I'm not bashing anyone here, but the episode I am watching, the lady and her SO are significantly over weight. She has bought over 100 boxes of pasta, over 100 candy bars, cookies, cups of noodles, Gatorade, etc.

My question is why is this show still on TV? Obviously we all know it's not legit and they clearly show violations. But it's not glamorous to see someone purchasing foods that area totally bad for you. This particular woman talks about needing fast type foods. This is so bad....

I'm not asking why coupon.... I do use coupons, and I have got some good deals... I'm just shocked at the items this lady is buying. I think it would be better to take the money she is paying (because we know it's not all free) and hop on over to the fresh vegetables and fruit section... am I wrong??

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 3:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• The show is on tv because the grocery stores where they shop suspend all their rules and regulations in exchange for letting the camera crews and coupon frauders in, giving them a shit ton of free advertising. Meanwhile, millions of gullible people don't research, don't realize all of those people would be breaking the law if they did in an unstaged shop what they get away with on tv, and buy tons of papers for coupons they won't use, and are too embarrassed to walk away when their illegal transaction is refused at a real store (more money for the stores). The people on the show, who actually make their money by reselling, often illegally, the things they get on their legitimate coupon shops in swap meets and on Ebay, are getting more publicity and also making more money.

Or to sum it up, $$$$$$$$
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• but there are no coupons for veggies and fruit!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:23 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Sometimes I wish I could shop like those on the TV show. If I could I would do it weekly and donate 90% of the goods.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Oh I know I can't thats why i said I wish i could do it. All of it's fake. Stores have strict restrictions on coupons and how much you can have off an item. I tried to double coupon once and was denied it.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Lol. That was me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• That's the way marketing (and government) works. They bank on obesity and know that some poor fat person is going to go for the good deals on unhealthy food and they will make profit off it. Sad but true.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 4:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Well exactly, but shouldn't there be? Shouldn't they be promoting healthy eating? I guess that wouldn't be entertainment though, would it??
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• But you can't Lost. If you print coupons from your computer, you are wasting ink, my ink is very costly. If you buy inserts, whether in the newspaper or online, you are still paying for them. Also, most of the show clearly shows coupon violations in the stores. I think it just gives couponing a bad rap.

I used a coupon from MyCokeRewards the other day for a free 12 pack of Coke and I swear to God, I almost kicked out of the store. First they told me no. I told them to go talk to their manager. She told me with a free item, I HAD to make another purchase. Anyway, we got that straightened out. She told me every day they are seeing more and more people with bogus coupons or that aren't following their policies.

I for see many stores not taking coupons in the near future.
    m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2013