I just got busted making Easter baskets. now what.

i was in the garage w/ the door closed. i heard my 8 yr old outside the door so I came back into the home. he asked me to go outback & watch him shoot the bb gun. so i did. then the little snot said he'd be right back and casually went into the house. i caught him with the garage door open. he had seen all 3 baskets for him & his brothers. now what?

he still believes in the E bunny,santa, etc.

should i go back out & get an additional choc bunny or toy from the E bunny himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Holidays

• Isn't 8 a little old to still believe in the santa and easter bunny
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• 8 is OLD? lol, since when =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Make a letter from the "Easter Bunny" asking your help to put the baskets together. Write in it how he's a little behind and needed your help.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Nah. I would pretend it didn't happen.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• With an 8 yo I think this may be the ideal time to explain things to him and enlist his help to keep it special for his siblings.

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Tell him the truth. The Easter bunny has so many houses to visit and eggs to color that he needs help and some mommy help the Easter bunny out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I agree with Lost and Dardenella. You can easily explain this to your son in a way that won't ruin the magic.

And eight is *not* too old to believe in the Easter Bunny! Let kids be kids, for goodness sake--they'll be grown up before you know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Tell him the truth.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I say hit him with the truth, he probably wanted to confirm what he thought you were doing, give your 8 year old more credit, he is smarter than you think......

Answer by older at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• i had put all that together by that age and went about finding out how to "prove" it was my parents. so he probably already had his doubts...why else would he have planned that whole thing just to see what you were doing in the garage? id tell him the truth & then tell him if he tells his siblings the truth he will be "too old" for a basket (its what my mom said to me about Santa haha).

or continue it by just saying what i told my 4 year old when she saw the plastic eggs in my closet...the Easter Bunny drops stuff off early so parents can help b/c he gets so busy this time of year.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2013