I just got busted making Easter baskets. now what.

i was in the garage w/ the door closed. i heard my 8 yr old outside the door so I came back into the home. he asked me to go outback & watch him shoot the bb gun. so i did. then the little snot said he'd be right back and casually went into the house. i caught him with the garage door open. he had seen all 3 baskets for him & his brothers. now what?

he still believes in the E bunny,santa, etc.

should i go back out & get an additional choc bunny or toy from the E bunny himself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Holidays

• With an 8 yo I think this may be the ideal time to explain things to him and enlist his help to keep it special for his siblings.

Answer by missanc at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Tell him the truth. The Easter bunny has so many houses to visit and eggs to color that he needs help and some mommy help the Easter bunny out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Make a letter from the "Easter Bunny" asking your help to put the baskets together. Write in it how he's a little behind and needed your help.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I agree with Lost and Dardenella. You can easily explain this to your son in a way that won't ruin the magic.

And eight is *not* too old to believe in the Easter Bunny! Let kids be kids, for goodness sake--they'll be grown up before you know it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Let him believe for as long as you can in the Easter Bunny! Geez what a bunch of bubble bursters here! I'd just say that the Easter Bunny was extra busy so he asked you to help him make the baskets. he gave you all the stuff & you were just putting it in. Say if you tell your brothers & the Easter Bunny finds out he may not give you your basket!! :) I believe in letting kids be kids for as long as you can because these days they grow up too fast & there's plenty of time for the "real worlds" harsh reality. Happy Easter!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Isn't 8 a little old to still believe in the santa and easter bunny
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• 8 is OLD? lol, since when =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Nah. I would pretend it didn't happen.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:45 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Tell him the truth.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 3:58 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I say hit him with the truth, he probably wanted to confirm what he thought you were doing, give your 8 year old more credit, he is smarter than you think......

Answer by older at 4:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013