How would you handle a situation like this?

There's a sick love circle I've been dragged into and through since my sophomore year of high school. (Pushing 8 years ago, here.)
I dated Max for 7 years. Engaged for 2 of those years. Terrible relationship, lots of lies, infidelity, oppression. I left.
Max had a baby with Trishelle. They married. They divorced after 4 months.
My bff Josh and his g/f Christina (Trishelle's friend and co-worker)broke up after a 2 year relationship during which he was to have no communication with me. Josh's longest commitment ever ended, and he called me for consolation.
Max starts dating Christina. Christina uses Max as a tool to anger me, Josh, and Trishelle.
This whole time, I never speak a word one to any of them except Josh, who is, in fact still my BFF. Trishelle beats Christina to a pulp, Max dumps her to go back to Trishelle, Josh disowns her, and now her focus has changed to me. She is now dating one of my DH's very best friends.

matobe

Asked by matobe at 2:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I say they all sound like trash and you and your husband should just stay far away from them.
    Anonymous

• I actually started trying to make a diagram and got confused.

Bad bargain that - I agree with ANON 242 - stay away.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• con't
    Josh has told me that he has contracted a strand of HPV from Christina, and I'm not sure how to tell DH's friend, Bryan, that his g/f has an STD. They are very active, so much that Bryan has said to my DH, "I am SICK of sex!"

I don't want to get into the situation because I know that Christina is in the relationship with him to spite me, she would never see that it angers me. But I feel compelled to tell Bryan because I'm the only one who can. I feel like I'm telling Josh's secret, but I fear for Bryan's health and wellbeing...

What should I do?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Ignore her. Don't play into her petty childish high school games. Its rediculous that in her mid-20's she is still thriving on causing drama and BS like that. Just give your hubby's friends a quick heads up about what you know as far as her being a drama started, and leave it at that. Don't waste your energy on her. When you are around her (as I am sure at some point you will be) just smile pretty and play nice.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• um yeah...GET OUT! Once you are married, I think all that childhood drama needs to CEASE. You will only keep yourself in the gutter with all of them.

Remember, you aid it yourself. HIGH SCHOOL DRAMA...8 YEARS AGO. GET OUT!
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• holy crap. thats a soap opera right there. i think i need to read that 5 more times before i can keep track lol
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Oh now I see more of the story. Maybe use your hubby as a tool? Ask him to mention to HPV to his buddy....something like, "hey man, my wife told me __________" and have him leave it at that. Coming from you may sound catty.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:46 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would not be friends with any of them. I would not talk to them unless they contacted me first.

Answer by louise2 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• oh, they ARE trash.

BUT, now Bryan is involved. He's totally out of the circle... and I'm afraid for him!

Neither my DH nor Bryan had ever met her or had any kind of contact with her until last month when Bryan got hung up with her...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• wow this sounds like a plot on a soap! you need to get the drama our of your life! even if that means say good bye to friends!
    woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 16, 2009