Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybodys kid ever eaten toothpaste?

ive already called Poison Control & i did what they suggested (have DS drink milk).

i knew it was too quiet in my house...found my almost 2 year old with his sisters toothpaste in his mouth. he'd moved my DD's step-stool to the sink and grabbed it from the back of the counter (where i thought he couldnt reach). luckily, DD's toothpaste is low fluoride and it has this push dispenser that makes it hard to get the toothpaste out...but he did suck off all the caked on gooey toothpaste off the nozzle (which was a lot, i know gross). DD was never an explorer or a mess-maker so im not use to thinking about every little thing. please tell me some of y'alls kids have eaten toothpaste before...ive got some mommy guilt brewing...

Answer Question
 
okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 4:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 42 (152,217 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • No,but mine got the Febreze off the top of the fridge and sprayed himself in the face.....and laughed his ass off
    butterflyblue19

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

  • No but my oldest dumped an entire bottle of baby powder all over himself and the living room when he was that age. He was my first and into so many things - he was good preparation for my others!
    missanc

    Answer by missanc at 5:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

  • No, but my daughter ate dirt out of my houseplants. Also dog food and a piece of dog poop, which she didn't like and spit out right away, thank God. My stepson drank cough syrup when he was a baby and had to be given charcoal in the emergency room.

    Guilt is pointless. Things happen. Kids are good at finding ways to put themselves in peril. Instead of feeling bad, you might try looking around your house from a hands-and-knees point of view, so you can see what your son actually sees and what he might manage to get hold of.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 5:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

  • LOL, my parents love to tell the story of how I spent my 2nd Christmas Eve in ER because I ate my aunt's diet pills. They laugh about it, saying I couldn't be still all evening. Can you imagine now?? The parent would probably be arrested! Shit happens. You can't see everything they get into 24/7.
    m-avi

    Answer by m-avi at 5:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

  • Oh good old poison control I had them on speed dial when my now 8yo was a toddler he consumed toothpaste(more then once I might add),he somehow got himself into hand sanitizer and had a little taste of that too. I will tell you he is still alive and smarter then anything so I wouldn't worry. LO might have a bit of upset tummy later but all will be fine. :)
    liss05

    Answer by liss05 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

  • Not toothpaste, he still can't stand the taste of normal toothpaste so I have to get him the watermelon flavored kid's kind. OTOH, when he was a toddler, he wiped out half a tube of my Mary Kay Satin Hands moisturizer.

    I had the mommy guilt over it - especially because poison control called back a few days later to make sure he was ok (and with hindsight, I realize that wasn't some kind of judgment on my parenting, but at the time...)
    NotPanicking

    Answer by NotPanicking at 11:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • lol my just started this but not eating it he just sucks his toothbrush instead of brushing.
    TheSuperWomom

    Answer by TheSuperWomom at 10:34 PM on Mar. 30, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN