I guess today is my vent day, just (stupidly) got in a Facebook fight over being gay! adult content

My insurance agent had a really nice post about equality, and someone who I don't know, said Fuck you, it is a choice, and therefore doesn't deserve the right to marry, went on to say he was pulling his policies from the agent, because of his stance.
I wrote to the guy, Eric, at what point did you realize you were straight. was it difficult to decide that you like girls, and not boys?
Well then all holy hell broke loose,,,,, I knew better than to argue with a dumbass, some of his points were we need to keep marriage intact to pro-create, I should have written come on Cafe Mom! (refer to prior question).
UGGGH why do I let stupid people bother me?????

jerseydiva

Asked by jerseydiva at 5:04 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• sadI'm sorry that happened. My MIL posted some ignorant shit this morning and I so wanted to say something but bit my tongue.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 5:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I am going to send my insurance agents Facebook page to all of my gay friends, maybe they will make up for the business he is losing.
    jerseydiva

Comment by jerseydiva (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I'm sorry that happened. It's hard to not start something with some of these idiots. My mom actually keeps one of her friends (and his totally obnoxious anti-anything that he doesn't agree with rants) just to amuse those of us who are tolerant.
    I just try my hardest to not bite when he dangles a tasty worm on the line. And I'm not always successful.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• LOL. Yes, because only married people have babies.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Kudos to that agent for taking a positive stance

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• ugh...people....

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• That stinks. I love the procreation argument, does that mean that all straight couples have to procreate and what about infertile couples? Makes no sense.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• procreation! LOL
    and viagra should only be for people trying to procreate?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:28 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• There is such a high percentage of babies that are born to unwed or single mothers already. I don't buy the sanctity of marriage for the children excuse.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• It still baffles me that there re people like this out there, how ignorant can one person be??????>?

Answer by older at 5:46 PM on Mar. 27, 2013