Hair breaking and damaged due to stress

I'm currently about two months in to a relapse of my anxiety disorder and I notice my hair is brittle and breaking, especially in the front .. Is there any products and/or remedies that you could recommend? Thanks in advance!

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 5:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Women's multivitamin everyday (women's have extra Vit D, calcium, folate, etc), Vit E supplements, V05 hot oil treatments every few weeks and use fortifying shampoos and conditioners formulated for hair repair. You can also use olive oil, baby oil, or mineral oil every 1-2 weeks after your final rinse. Some people also use mashed avocados or coconut oil (but I find it's easier and the same effect with the oils). It will leave your hair feeling dirty but it locks the moisture in. Then, the next day, you can shampoo regularly to get the clean feeling back. Also, using a leave-in conditioner can help. Always blow dry only until about 80% dry and medium heat if you can. Eat more fish, like salmon, that is full of good fatty oils.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:12 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• stress can cause your hair to fall out, but it is weird that it is breaking, are you playing with it alot?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Do you take calcium and vitamin D? The Vitamin D has been the best thing ever for me. My hair is stronger and my nails never break anymore. I would get a trim to get rid of any splits so they don't split up more, and then use regular treatments (I like a hair masque from Matrix Biologe) to keep your hair healthy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2013