What would you do with 30 lbs of vine ripened tomatoes?

Co op arrived today and I am sitting here looking at 30 lbs of the prettiest tomatoes I've seen in years. What would you do with them?

I've best made tomato sauce so I'm going to google some recipes for it.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 6:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I was going to suggest tomato sauce and salsa.  I have a good salsa recipe. Let me go find it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:14 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• make some salsa and send it to me! I think it is pretty easy to can sauce and salsa! Sounds devine to me! You can always make stuffed tomato biscuts, lol!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Bruschetta (sp?) one large bunch basil finely chopped, 8-10 cloves minced FRESH garlic, one small white onion diced, 8-10 large tomatos, salt and pepper, and about 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, marinate in fridge overnight, and use on toasted french bread with melted cheese, or use as a topping for chicken breast, wonderful!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:17 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Skin them and then cook them down in your slow cooker and add seasonings of choice for the best damn spaghetti sauce you'll ever eat! Much better than the stuff out of the jar.

Also, cut them in half, lay Mozzarella cheese on them, and bake. Yum!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Well take a damn picture and show us!!!

What kind of tomatoes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I would consume mozzarella,basil,balsamic with some of those lovely tomatoes and use some in chili.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I thought you might be interested in this as well- http://nchfp.uga.edu/publications/usda/GUIDE%203%20Home%20Can.pdf

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Spaghetti sauce (jar or freeze it), tomato sauce/tomatoes (I don't puree mine, I just cook them down and freeze them, and I can puree them if I need them that way when I use them), salsa, Caprese salad...
    I could eat tomatoes all day long! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Sun (oven) dried tomatoes.. those will keep for a long time, and you can season them however you want.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 6:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013