Why is America the greatest country in the world?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJWKccHQFOA

Watch at 3:10.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 6:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• i hate clicking links on CM,but i think america is far from the greatest
    partingwhisper

Answer by partingwhisper at 6:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Agreed. And sorry, but it's a really good scene and I think every American needs to take a few minutes to watch it. Even if it is part of a fictional television show, he makes great points.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Sorry I had to read the title twice I thought it said Greediest...
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• lol I think that's the new word to describe America though. Greedy instead of great.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 6:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• All you need to do to know how great America is, is travel to other countries, then you really appreciate it, or come from an oppressed one like me (Cuba) to really understand that there is no better one....

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I am by no means saying that this is a perfect country, but certainly one of the best....

Answer by older at 6:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Before oening this- my answer was going to be
    IS It?

then I opened it and wondered if that link was for that clip of that show ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I love that show. lol
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Freedom comes to mind ...
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:08 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• These last few years,,well actually since 9/11 happened, I have been wondering myself if America can be considered the "land of the free" anymore. We have reduced civil liberties in the name of an expanded security state. The NDAA is a terrific example. This bill allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens. The Obama Admin has the right to order the killing of any citizen considered a terrorist or an accessory of terrorism. The president now decides whether a person will receive a trial in the federal courts or in a military tribunal, a system that has been ridiculed around the world for lacking basic due process protections. Bush did so during his term, and Obama is doing it now. The president now can order warrant-less surveillance, including a new capability to force companies and organizations to turn over information on citizens’ finances, communications and associations.

cont..
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2013