If Jesus died for my soul, of his own volition, then why do I need to offer my eternal thanks?

I did not ask for him to sacrifice himself. That was his choice. His demands that I thank him and love him eternally seems awfully self serving.
Thats like me giving someone a gift, and demanding they call me every.single.day. to thank me for the gift I decided to give them of my own free will.

Jesus used his free will to kill himself. Why am I eternally indebted for that and required to worship him for that?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Religious Debate

• His body His Choice! Has no bearing on my life
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:12 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Because it's not like he loaned you money. Wouldn't you be eternally greatful for someone who took a bullet for you? You didn't ask him too, but they did it anyway.
    Anonymous

• Why am I eternally indebted for that and required to worship him for that?

Who says you're required? You have a choice too. So you either do or you don't. Why waste your breath bitching about it?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't be grateful when the bullet wasn't headed in my direction. If I don't need to be saved, I don't need someone dying for me and then putting it upon me to kiss their ass for their choice to die.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Who says you're required? You have a choice too. So you either do or you don't. Why waste your breath bitching about it?
    ************************************
    well when people tell others and me , or my child that they will go to hell for NOT worshipping this eogmaniac, it becomes an issue. Im not bitching, I'm on a debate board. Learn the difference.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• No different than the countless firefighters, police officers, & soldiers who have given their lives to protect others. Of course they deserve respect & recognition but, they do not demand it or condemn us for not giving it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• sahmamax2, you have made your choice and don't believe in any of it, but you do not have to put what others believe in down...it is a matter of blind faith, which you obviously do not agree with, it doesn't mean you are right or they are wrong it just is, and respect is something we should all have.....

Answer by older at 7:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Wouldn't you be eternally greatful for someone who took a bullet for you?

Not 2,000+++  years before I was even BORN. For one bullets didn't exist. For two well I wasn't in harm's way anyways. Sorry but this is like saying JFK or Martin Luther King Jr. took a bullet for you so you should be eternally grateful. No it's called they were assasinated/murdered/killed and while they did great things I'm not falling on my knees to worship them either

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• People who tell you that are full of shit and go by what THEY believe. God and Jesus aren't forcing you to do anything. You're given a choice. That's all. And it sounds a little like bitching, but what do I know. :P
    Anonymous

• It also sounds as if you might be scared if you're not eternally greatful and a part of you believes what those assholes tell you and your children about going to hell.
    Anonymous