Do you ever just want to SCREAM at people online who are against gay marriage?

There's this one guy on FB that I just want to punch through the computer screen.
OMG I just want to say,what does it matter to you? How does it affect your life? Do you realize that everyone does not have to abide by the laws of your f*ed up religious beliefs?
No one gives a shit if you think it's icky.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• YES!

Consideirng 'unfriending' the person who posted this on facebook... rather saying what I really want to say to them about it.

Because I read it and my first throught was.  'It may noterflect 'hate but ti sure reflects stupidity.  Now explain to me how gay marrige affects your 'traditional' marridge.'  But so far I am just keeping my mouth shut. I might post a pick of my own later and let her unfriend me instead.  That could be more fun.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I find alot of trashy hetero couples to be nasty,but you don't see me trying to disallow THEM from marrying.

That's really all you need to do to shut down someone whining about the sanctity of marriage. Say "Kim Kardashian" and walk away.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:50 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I do hope you said to the guy what you said in your post, but don't let them get to you, they are about to loose this battle....

Answer by older at 8:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I prefer reducing them to a sniveling puddle, and that works faster if you don't use caps lock.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:44 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• why do you think those that believe in one man one woman marriage should be forced into believing in gay marriage?

Why do you think those who believe in one man or one woman are entitled to an opinion one what someone ELSE does to begin with? I think sparkly vampires are the epitome of stupidity, but I don't go around trying to make it illegal to read Twilight books (and gods knows, the world would be far better off banning bad young adult fiction than banning gay marriage).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Some people just get off on causing frustration. I think in that aspect, the internet is a very dangerous thing. It gives those without guts the false sense of power. That's scary.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:29 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I unfriend those asshats. I don't feel bad about it either. I seriously do not want to read their rude bullshit
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:43 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I think sparkly vampires are the epitome of stupidity, but I don't go around trying to make it illegal to read Twilight books (and gods knows, the world would be far better off banning bad young adult fiction than banning gay marriage).

^^^^SO agree with this.

For me it isn't the fact that they don't agree with gay marriage or even that they have expressed an opinion about it, it is the fact that people are actively trying to keep other people from having the same rights that they have. No one should get to dictate what to consenting adults can and can't do. They shouldn't be barred from having the same rights and responsibilities as every heterosexual couple gets. So spout your opinion all you want, but when you tell me you are voting against it and actively bash people you don't even know, You deserve a smackdown of epic proportions.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I did today & I lost my brother over it. He didn't know my youngest boy is gay, threw him for quite a loop.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• LOL, did it today, the latest is that he is 100% sure I know what penis taste like, LOL, I was like of course I do, and I am sure yours would taste very bad, this is from the douche on my insurance agent's facebook post.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:30 PM on Mar. 27, 2013