Making hard boiled eggs in the oven???

I just heard of this recently, and really want to try it but something tells me they will explode or something haha. Has anyone tried this? It would be sooo much easier since we have about 50 eggs to boil.

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 8:53 PM on Mar. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I saw it on pinterest this morning. I roast an egg or 2 every year for Passover. I just start the temp off as low as possible, with the egg in the over (no preheating) and increase to about 300 over an half hour. This year my egg was perfect, not a crack or anything.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• Yes! I made some last week. I put and egg in each little muffin tin spot and roasted them on 250 for an hour. They came out perfect.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I saw it on facebook. Will try to find it for you.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 9:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• So, you put the eggs on their sides in mini-muffin pans and bake for 30 mins at 325 degrees. Using tongs, immediately put the eggs in an ice bath when done. You can just fill up your sink with ice water, I guess.

50 eggs! Wow!!!
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 9:22 PM on Mar. 27, 2013

• I've done it! They come out great!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2013