"Finger Foods"

I keep looking at the Gerber "Finger Foods" every time I go to the store and today I finally bought some. But the can says babies who crawl or are learning to self fedd can eat them.. Well what else would I give her to "learn to self feed" other than these crackers? And she isn't crawling yet, but she's at crawling age..

I got the puff ones and the cracker ones.

She's 7 months and already eats baby food. Can I give them to her if she's supervised?

MommyHess

Asked by MommyHess at 2:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes. They melt in their mouths. Baby Mum Mums are really good too - they're rice rusks and they melt in their mouths...babies love them! A mesh feeder is a good choice too...if you're concerned. You can put cut up fruit and veggies in it and it teaches baby to chew (because they have to chew to get the food through the mesh feeder). My daughter LOVED frozen apple chunks in it when she was teething.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• My son is 7 months old and we bought those first cookies, i believe they are arrowhead? but they melt in the mouth so choking is unlikely, My son is doing great with them, he holds them, chews on them, occasionally he will cough alittle with them but then the cookie melts. Its great for teething to. i just make sure he's supervised and let him go at one. lol. As long as your there, and its nothing she can really choke on, i think its ok to let her try alittle.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. It's a risk. Waiting carries no risks.
    Anonymous