Does this make your uterus hurt?

A new mom in England got the shock of her life when the she gave birth to her son George six weeks ago—and he came out weighing a whopping 15 pounds 7 ounces. 

I wasn't too bad off hearing that, but when they mentioned the world record is  23 pounds, 12 ounces...

Ow.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 8:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest baby was only 6 lbs 9 oz.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• holy crap- the 23 pounds definitely does. i mean, my 3 year old only weighs 7 pounds more than that. yikes!!!! i had one big baby that was 10 pounds 2 ounces at birth and toward the end of the pregnancy i couldve literally just laid down and died. she came via c-section...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• So, she was pregnant for a year and a half then? lol

Wow...I cannot imagine giving birth to a baby of either of those sizes. My kids were 8# 2oz and 7# 14oz. and that was plenty big enough for me.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• That is over twice what DS weighed!

Funny you should post this since they were just talking about it on the radio this morning. Guess it is a popular story today! :)
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Yikes.

Mine were 8.5 and 8.9 and that was big enough ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• That is over twice what DS weighed!

A few more pounds and he'd be 3 times mine...
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 8:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• mine DS was 8lbs and was way to big for me. Gave me a 4th degree tear.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Yes, that makes my whole 'nether region' hurt. I think I just had some sympathy cramps. Or perhaps I am pregnant. I should go ask in the pregnancy category to make sure I didn't get pregnant from this question.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I should go ask in the pregnancy category to make sure I didn't get pregnant from this question.

Just to be safe, I am terminating all parental rights You're not hitting me up for child support because I asked a question.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Holy cheeks and hair! He looks so much older. When I had DS in 2005 the biggest baby was 10lbs. She was gorgeous with puffy cheeks. Then my son and another boy were the smallest. DS at 17 1/2in long and weight 6lbs 11oz. The other boy was half an inch and one ounce smaller. She looked like a 3-4mo old compared to them lol.

Now in 2012 when my DD was born the largest was a 14lb kid that I was told about when I was leaving. I didn't get to see it. Don't even know if it was a boy or girl. They just said people from around the hospital heard about it and were coming up to labor and delivery just to see it. I wouldn't have allowed that if I was the mother. They didn't need to be there. They said it filled out the hospital gowns and the mother asked family to bring her the 3-6mo clothes.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 9:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2013