Does anyone have extreme eczema??

what do you use? my son's legs look like they have been bitten all over but its from years of scratching. I thought by now it would have gone away at 14 but nothing homemade works for him so i'm wondering what I can buy myself?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• cortisone 10 eczema lotion, it works for my son. have you tried this home made recipe? 1/4 cup of ground up oatmeal, 3/4 cup coconut oil, 1tbsp olive oil. get the oil hot, mix in the oats, take out and let it cool. i was thinking of trying it on my son. j/w if it works
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I have not tried that particular homemade recipe. am wanting to try it though.

thanks for the suggestion, I will look and try that
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• All 4 of my kids have it! And nothing seems to work.... I'm gonna try that recipe too!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:12 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• My son has grown out of it, but had it when he was a baby and bathing him using olive oil worked.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2013

• What's worked in this house is Corizone 10 for eczema, Aveeno (I can't remember the exact one, but it's got a dark blue bar on it and specifically mentions eczema on the front), and Neosporin's Essentials for Eczema. They don't all work all the time, so they get rotated through depending on what's working at a given time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I used to, but I can't remember what they gave me back then. Have you tried a cortisone shot or a round of Prednisone?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Silky Soft massage oil. (yes, it's a partygals product) It's cleared mine up completely!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Mine isn't extreme, but I use tea tree oil and it clears it up when I have an outbreak.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• My son has a prescription cortisone cream that we use for 10 days-2 weeks at a time, which completely clears it up, then we stop for at least 2 weeks then start again when needed. Aveeno Baby also makes a lotion for eczema that is really thick and creamy - love it! But I have found the Aveeno lotion doesn't really help clear up the eczema so much as keep it away.
    So we use the prescription cortisone to clear it up, then the lotion every night and after every bath to keep it away.

Answer by missanc at 3:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• My daughter uses a medicated ointment prescribed by a doctor called triamcinolone.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 4:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2013