Did you ever have trouble with certain diapers or wipes giving your kid(s) a rash?

My son always got bad rashes when we used Huggies or Luvs. No trouble at all when we changed to Pampers.

Now it's my daughter that was fine on Huggies but now is getting rashes since we got the big 174count of Pampers the last two times.

I don't know if it's the texture of the material or an allergy to it maybe. It's the only thing I can think of since we've still been getting the box of Parent's Choice wipes as always. This morning her skin was clear. Only urine in her diaper. Next one she pooped and had this horrible rash. It's bad and came out of nowhere.

ThatBoysMom

Asked by ThatBoysMom at 12:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Kids' Health

• Are you only seeing this rash when she's pooped? If you are, I'd start looking at what she's eating. You said her skin was clear when all she had done was peed, and after she pooped, there it was. It sounds like maybe she's eating something really acidic that's causing the rash. Or at least something that doesn't agree too well with her.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Hugs my DD always got rashes and Luvs she always leaked through. I went to Pampers and used them till she was potty trained. I never tried anything different with my DS, he as well stayed with pampers till he was potty trained.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Maybe she was sitting in the poop to long?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Just Luv's. They're horrible.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I'm not sure. Maybe because she was playing and snacking so I didn't know she went til I picked her up. She never had rashes show up til the last few months on Pampers. But she started being more active since then too. She's 8 months now. So maybe it's just too much movement with a squishy tushy.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• DH gave her some of his orange 2 days ago and she's getting into the baby snacks. Wagon wheels, yogurt drops, fruit stars etc. Food has crossed my mind.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Never had an issue with rash. Leakage was our biggest problem. Luvs were the worst at leakage for us. Pampers only worked well when he was in the newborn swaddlers. Everything else had to be Huggies or Kirkland (Costco).
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I would vote food related
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• the orange may have done it with the acid in it and all but that would be a question for a doctor.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Yeah I think I'm going to keep a record of food she eats especially all the new stuff she's been trying and see how the rashes go. Then if I need to see a Dr about it we'll know where to start. She had a bath and Aveeno baby rash cream put on it.
    ThatBoysMom

Comment by ThatBoysMom (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Mar. 28, 2013