Twins...

What would be the reason for having to have a D&C after giving birth to twins? Anyone know?? Have any of you had twins and then needed a D&C afterward? Thanks for any info!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• retained placenta is all i could think of.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Is retained placenta more likely to happen after birth of multiples?
    Anonymous

• That I do not know. I know of a few people that had it happen on a singleton, but that was because the doctor was puling on the daggone thing trying to make it deliver faster. Never let them do that. It is a natural process. They pull and pieces can break off.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thank you for the answer. I did have the understanding that the placenta is to e birthed much the same as you do the baby. Just is mind boggling why they'd want/need to do a D&C after a twins birth... never had that with the others. Thanks!
    Anonymous

• No one ever mentioned such a thing when I was in labor with the twins...
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 3:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thank you... maybe it was not specifically a "twin birth" issue then(??) ...guesses retained placenta would make sense.
    Anonymous