How long does it take to digest food? (seriously don't click if you get sick easily) adult content

Before you poop it out?

Any way to tell what you are pooping to what food you ate? Aside from having corn?

This is gross.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 1:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Health

• I think I read (when my kids and I were doing our human body lessons) that it's something like 4-6 hours to digest something? But as far as when it comes out, there's no real way to know. They say there's like 5 lbs of fecal matter in your colon, so it seems to me that it can end up in your body for a while.

If you're asking because you're, um, having issues, I'd look at what you ate over the last 2-3 days, probably. Beyond that, even if it is still in your colon, I don't think it would really be affecting you. The digestion would be done.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• From mouth to pooping it out it can take up to 72 hours

Food can stay in the stomach for 2 hours. It takes 4 to 6 hours to digest in the intestines.

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• 24 hours.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Yep usually 18-24 hrs top to bottom

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:30 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I know that meat takes about days to digest sometimes rotting in your stomach, how is that for gross!!!!!this is where those smelly farts come from!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2013