Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you charge someone with trespassing...

I was just wondering if you could charge someone for trespassing if they come up to your house and knock...if you told them you don't them want them at your house?
I don't want anything to do with my dad and I don't want him to even come up to my door. Now he plans on sending his pastor here.


Asked by Lobelia at 1:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Home & Garden

Level 21 (11,413 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Nope. You are acting immaturely. You go to the dor and tell him politely but firmly that he is not welcome and you would appreciate it if he would not come back.
    If he does not leave you can call the police.
    If he has threatened you in some way, you may be able to get a restraining order.
    You have to post no trespassing learly on your property.
    I someareas they tell you how and how many you need, some merely say so it is clearly visible.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • I would be polite to the pastor and simply tell him you aren't interested in what he has to say. I would not call the police on him. I would, however, tell your dad one more time that you want nothing to do with him, and if he continues to harass you, you'll call the cops on HIM.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 1:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • Why would you press charges on the innocent pastor? call the police and maybe they will call your dad and tell him to stay away from you.

    Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • Call the police and ask them if you can.

    Answer by louise2 at 2:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • he is far from innocent. I don't want to go into details though. Theres a good reason I don't want them in my life. and it has nothing to do with religion.

    Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • You would need to ask the local Police. Probably would require a restraining order signed by a Judge. Then they could be charged.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • I would say when the knock happens, say through the door, I don't want to speak with you, and please don't come back, next time I will involve the law, I don't think just for a simple knock at the door you can charge someone, now if they won't leave, of course, call the police.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • PS- You could file a restraining order on your dad, don't think so on the pastor.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 2:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013