Toned abs

I still have about 20 pounds to lose. Do I go ahead and start ab exercises or wait until I lose some more weight ? This may sound like a stupid question, I have never been down this low before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• You should have been doing ab/back work all along... yes, start right away!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Yes, it will help you loose those other pounds faster and it can't hurt!

Answer by older at 3:27 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• do it all along...don't wait until you get where you "want to be"
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• do cardio and strength training. they go together. burn the calories with exercise then use weights, do squats, push ups, sit ups etc
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Cardio burns the fat off abs (walk, run, aerobics, etc). It doesn't hurt to start toning exercises early but you will not likely see results until the outer layer of fat is burned off so you can see the muscles beneath. This is what my personal trainer/body builder friend advises.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Start now. You want a good mix of cardio, area specific areas, and weights. Weights help you gain muscle, muscle burns fat faster than just cardio.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Absolutely yes.  This photo says it all and it's EXACTLY the way it works.  You work on the new you as you shed the old you to reveal the new you.

daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 5, 2013