What kind of woman does it take?

What kind of woman that is married with 4 kids decides to ignore her family and take on a boyfriend who is also married with children? Then and still refuses to tell her own family who this "boyfriend" is and why she's left her 7 and 11 yr olds at home for 6 hours on a saturday afternoon? The whole time she's gone ignores their phone calls, then claims she forgot the 16 yr old wasn't going to be home?

matobe

Asked by matobe at 3:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• A neglectful one.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• A SELFISH ONE!

Answer by older at 3:05 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• One who's finally snapped!
    Anonymous

• A mother that need to have CPS called on her.

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Why CPS? That's a little extreme...A child can be at home alone at the age of 10. I was even younger than that when I was left in charge of my 3 younger siblings.

I would say it doesn't matter what kind of woman she is because it's none of your business (unless you are the "boyfriend's wife"). Stop being nosy and get a hobby- You obviously have too much time on your hands if you're so involved in someone else's life.
    Anonymous

• This is MY mother. I'm 22, and it's all wrong! She NEVER would have done that kind of thing to me.

My DH was up for his 3 days off (6 days out on the oilrig, 3 days home) My mother left at 730pm on 2/14 to "grab a bite to eat." She did text me at 910pm asking if I was asleep yet. I replied, then called a half hour later, and continued to text her once in a while until 3am when I couldn't hold my eyes open anymore. This ruined my plans with DH for the night, including our dinner reservations at a really nice restaurant, our $155 hotel stay 90miles to KC, our $140 couple's massage. DH had to leave to go back to work last night, so we didn't have a chance to make up for it. I hadn't seen him for a week, and she couldn't respect or acknowledge that we may want some alone time together, afterall, I didn't volunteer to babysit and I'm more responsible than to leave them alone.

How can I make her see she's hurting everyone?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:31 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Thanks anon 227... that makes me feel better. And it really answered my question too.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• this is so sad
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 7:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would say she's either a profoundly unhappy and confused mom or maybe even one who's experiencing a mid-life crisis and is in need of help - medical or psychological. There's a lot that goes on in the brain that affects the way people act, and sometimes it can show up late in life as life-altering behavior patterns. If she's always been a good mom, there for the kids and putting family first before herself, then suddenly starts acting this way, consider bigger problems than selfishness - there could be something medical or neurological going on. Talk to a doctor.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• She's 38... could it really be midlife crisis?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:22 AM on Feb. 17, 2009