Uh...what? Does this hold true for anyone here?

Yeah....I'm from Nebraska and was raised to be a Consertive, Catholic, Football fan...and I'm none of those.  Quite the opposite.  A Liberal Pagan who hates sports.  

Does this hold true for anyone here?  

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 5:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• For the majority of people it is exactly how it works. Look at all the ones that show up here on day one and legitimately have no clue that there are people in America who aren't Christians...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I'm an atheist and I hate sports, but I see where they're going with this. Americans are more likely to grow up in families that like football or baseball and practice Christianity, instead of growing up watching soccer and rugby and practicing Islam or Buddhism. I think though that more and more people aren't turning out to be the same religion they're raised in.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I'm no longer a Christian and dislike sports. I do like a good cheeseburger.

I'm definitely a small minority in the 1st two living in the southeast.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• LOL NP....exactly!!
    You're an american and you're an ATHEIST?? GASP. How in the world did THAT happen?? lol

I do like cheeseburgers AND sushi:)
    I hate organized sports.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Can't read it all because CM is showing me the bar where it has an ad and our cerdit stuff and all that-so it's on top of what you posted (I refreshed a few times -still the same)
    anyhow- my guess is- not true
    I am not a sports fan - baseball bores the hell out of me! I DO like a godd hamburger here or there though
    not sure Atheist is one of the categories they are referring to either ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I was born in Nebraska and raised a good part of my life there.
    I was born and raised Catholic and stil am.
    I have never been a fan of football but do like baseball. I also was into ballet and contemporar dancing, vocal music and martial arts. I am the one who instigated all but the dancing.
    I love food from all over the world and have eaten many things others turn their noses up at.
    I have a broad education and was encouraged by my father to follow my own path.I have never been a follower
    My parents were both republican though my mother, I believe was less sure. My father was a man who looked at each candidate and issue seperately and madehis decissions based on the individual not the party.
    I am a republican at least as far as my registration/declaration. I am conservative in some things and more liberal in others. I vote on the issue and on the man depending.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I love burgers, especially unique gourmet type ones. I grew up with football & baseball but, I'm not a sports fan.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I never cared for sports, but I did go to hockey and football games in high school.  I was raised Lutheran and Conservative, and stayed true to both of those until I reached adulthood and started seeing the world differently.  Now, I live in a Conservative and Christian part of the country (the South-East), and am Liberal and atheist.  However, most people I know have retained at least a few of the beliefs and "customs" of their families and locale.  It is the accidents of our births that determine a great deal of our habits and beliefs.  Had I been born in the Middle East, I'd be living an entirely different life.  Who knows if I'd question my religion?  But I'm sure I'd keep any doubts to myself.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:05 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• well i do love everything under the American & Japanese sections (i lived in Japan for 6 years) but i also love vodka and wrestling...

i dont really think thats the point of the picture tho. the majority of Muslims come from Middle Eastern backgrounds, most of the worlds Buddhists live in Asia, most Hindus in India, etc. and for many ppl they believe in whatever religion b/c their parents did. many ppl in Oklahoma are OU fans, not b/c OU is this amazing school or b/c its their alma mater, but rather b/c they live in Oklahoma (and have nothing better to cheer for). for most ppl their birth place determines their culture.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Not me!!

Answer by older at 5:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2013