Okay, what is up with people anyway?

We've had really beautiful weather for the last few days, finally. I'm sitting here working with my front door and sliding door open, enjoying the nice breeze. But two out of the last three days, my pain-in-the-ass neighbor and his equally pain-in-the-ass girlfriend have gotten in a huge old fight on their front porch. So I'm trying to decide if I like the breeze well enough to leave the door open and listen to their squabbling, or if I want to close up the house in spite of the fresh spring air. They've said a lot of damn personal things, too! Why, why, why do people have to make sure the neighbors hear all of their dirt? How come they can't go inside their own private living room to fight? This isn't the first time I've run across it either, as an mobile home, apartment, or condo dweller for most of my adult life. I just don't get it.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• People lack class, that's all I can say.

The funny part is that my neighbors are an older couple that can't stand each other, but they keep their drama indoors and behave themselves perfectly outdoors. They'll be out talking with us, asking about the kids, top manners...then once they've been in the house for 5 minutes you hear "I can't stand your lazy ass...Get out...find something to do...I don't even want to breathe the same damn air as you!!!" LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I would leave the doors open, so I can enjoy the fresh ait and turn up some music.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I would be super loud and lovey with your boyfriend to counter act

BABE THANK YOU FOR COOKING I LOVE YOU

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Sometimes you don't think about where you are. I remember one time when my then 2 yr old (my oldest) found a used condom in the backseat of my car. I called my then-husband out and asked him about it, and he told me we'd used it together and I just forgot. So, um...yeah, I screamed at him right there in our yard about screwing around on me and that it was absolutely disgusting that my child touched a condom that had been...well, you get where it went.

Would I do that on a regular basis? No. In general, I prefer to do my arguing and fighting indoors, behind closed doors, and keep my business MY business. But, like I said...sometimes you just don't think about where you are. Something comes up and you argue.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:02 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Well, if they're a younger couple, they grew up in the era of having EVERYTHING out in the open. No personal business. From Maury to Jerry to Ricki Lake & of course, FB! Nothing is sacred. I like the idea of cranking up some music. Maybe if you play something soothing, you may just "calm the savage beast" lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• *air*
    virginiamama71

• Do you have some head phones?

Answer by louise2 at 7:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Ugh, I hear ya. I can't stand when people even talk loud enough for me to hear.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• I do, but I don't like to wear them unless I absolutely have to because it's weird, not seeing and then having my hearing cut down as well. I just don't get why people have to fight out in the open. I've gotten into some pretty gnarly spats in my time, but I wouldn't dream of doing it on my front porch where the whole neighborhood had to listen to it.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2013