Colored Spots

My DD is 6 1/2 she told me earlier today that she is seeing colored spots. She told me this between 5 and 5:45pm it is now 8:30pm and she is still seeing them. I called the after hours doctor on call and they told me it was an ocular migrane. I thinking otherwise, I do not know what it could be. Has anyone experienced this?

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 9:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Health

• How can they diagnose her without seeing her? I'd definitely be taking her to the Dr. tomorrow... it would be their call about the eye Dr. as well.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• auras
    yep,migraine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• DS sees them all the time. His aren't a precursor to a migraine though. From everything I have read, it could be anything from floaters to auras. If there are no other issues and they aren't affecting her day to day abilities then they aren't really a cause for concern. If they start interfering with her vision, if she gets a headache or has other symptoms then you need to see a doctor about them.

This is all stuff I have read and stuff my sons doctor has told us. His don't really bother him and he only mentions them occasionally so I don't worry about them right now. If you are concerned I would take her to a ophthalmologist, though the testing can get expensive and they might not be able to diagnose her with anything.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Give her some tylenol. lay her down with a cold rag over her eyes. No more screen time.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2013