What religion was this wedding officiant?

I was looking through a coworker's wedding pics on db. She's Catholic and her DH is Jewish. The man performing the wedding looked to be wearing tallit like other rabbis and other Jews wear, but he was also wearing a clerical collar. Rabbis don't wear clerical collars, do they? Do Catholic priests wear anything resembling tallit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Catholic priests wear stoles, but they're not the same pattern - they're a bright color which varies by the time of year.  There are also other Christian religions where the clergy has a collar.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Probably a Reform rabbi or a priest.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Thanks for the info about stoles NP, but it wasn't a solid color, do I don't think it was that. Sharon, DPP reform rabbits wear clerical collars?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• "Thanks for the info about stoles NP, but it wasn't a solid color, do I don't think it was that. Sharon, DPP reform rabbits wear clerical collars?"

No, now that I think about it, I don't think even the most Reform of rabbis would, lol. Usually in interfaith marriages there's a priest and a rabbi, and each does their own part.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 10:02 PM on Mar. 30, 2013