School snack duty next week. Any suggestions?

I have to provide a healthy snack for the entire week for 24 kids. I'm thinking....

2 bags of apples
Large bag of popcorn
Grapes ( if they are on sale)

No allergies and nuts are allowed. Nothing homemade, however. Can you help me come up with some more ideas. :)

Ps. I need to keep my budget under 30 dollars. And Goldfish are not an option.

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 9:50 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Carrots and celery, wheat thins, fruit kabobs (strawberry, pineapple, apple slice, orange slice, grape). Graham crackers. Cheese-Its.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Cheese sticks from Costco. I think your list is good but this is hard! Under thirty bucks too? Pita and hummus (Costco has those little individual cups of it).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:23 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• What does homemade mean ? A large two pound block of cheese from Sams or Costco sliced into thin slices and crackers...would that be homemade because the cheese slices are not pre-packaged ? If it can be not pre-packaged a large tub of humus with with Good for You chips or celery and carrot sticks. Boiled eggs.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Do you send the snack each day?
    Are you supposed to be there to help with snack time?
    I understand homemade like you make cookies at home (homemade) does that incude breaking things down int indivdual portions at home or dipping peanut butter into individual cups?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• A friend of mine recently did Ritz crackers with the spray can cheese and made smily faces. That went over well with the kids. Or maybe chips and mild salsa?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• Everything must be prepackaged from the store, healthy and no breaking it down at home.

Ugh...nightmare.

The snacks are all. Sent on monday for the whole week. They have refrigeration. No, I will not be there to assist. So it's the teacher passing them out. Therefore anything too difficult, peeling oranges, cucumbers, etc, is out.

This is hard. I'm also thinking about adding a big bag of pretzels to the list.
    PandaGwen

Comment by PandaGwen (original poster) at 11:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

• baby carrots and ranch dressing
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:19 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• wow my goodness that is 120 pre packaged snacks for $30.00 so 25 cents a snack.That is a tough one. Would the large bags of Chex Mix be healthy enough. Can they have the same thing twice like on Mon and Fri ? I buy the big box of crispy granola bars from Sams or Costco.Not the healthiest but keeps my teens from driving through ff before LAX practice and then not eating a good dinner at home.The boxes have a lot but if they were used twice it might work.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:19 PM on Mar. 29, 2013