Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What can a person do if he/she has no type of health/dental insurance?

And unemployed :(


Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2013 in Health

Answers (9)
  • Go to Human Resources and apply for your States Medical Plan.

    Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2013

  • I guess I would see if I qualified for Medicaid

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • Dependson what you need. Many dentists and hospitals will set up payment plans with you, or if it's something major, you may qualify for your state's indigent health plan. Your hospital will know how to hook you up.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • The obvious addition to my above andswer is one you are probably already doing. Looking for another job.

    Answer by Dardenella at 2:23 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • pray they dont get sick. if their state does not offer medicaid for adults with or without kids then there is little that someone can do but hope to stay healthy and utilize walk in clinics if they fall ill

    Answer by partingwhisper at 3:57 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • Look at your state's website and search it for health care help. Google your state.

    Answer by silverthreads at 6:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • Apply for jobs, and check for Health centers and free clincs in the area.
    Also check to see if you may be eligible for state Medicaid.

    Also check to see if there are any health and fitness events going on in your area.

    At these events they will do some routine check ups and ask you to follow up with a doctor, than you can ask about doctors who are willing to work with people who do not have insurance or finances to pay for a visit.

    Contact your local dept of Social services and ask about dental clinics.

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

  • Usually, the same place that sees medicaid patients also sees non-medicaid patients at a sliding scale based on income. The one here started advertising when unemployment first went through the roof, but if you don't know where yours is, the county health or child services offices can tell you.

    Answer by NotPanicking at 10:42 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

  • EnhancedCare MD ... Great for individuals/families with no health insurance or high premiums

    Answer by MsViv at 9:41 AM on Jun. 2, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.