Would you shave your kid's head?

My daughter has a bad case of nappy hair and I've brushed it out but it just gets tangled all over again. Should I just shave her head? She's only 2 1/2.

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 4:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nappy head?

why not just learn to tend to it?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• we actually do shave our sons head. much easier to keep tidy and clean. there is no reason not to trim your babies hair down to make it more manageable
    partingwhisper

Answer by partingwhisper at 5:02 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• It depends. Can you just cut out the parts that are really tangled. Thinning it out this way may help avoid tangles too.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:05 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• What about trying a detangler or cream rinse made for kids first?  You could have it cut really short by a hairdresser, but I wouldn't shave a girl's head, even if only 2.5 years old.

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 6:48 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• This is how I se to deal with my DD's NAPPY HAIR. I use to wash it condition it. any while it was wet. Put hair greese in it and comb it out. I could only comb it out wet. Then I would braid it up before it dried. When they got about 5 I would use a relaxer to relax it. Made it a lot easier todrai with. I would not suggest do do that at 21/2. You need to learn how to do her hair. It will not get any easier.

Answer by louise2 at 6:50 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• se=use

Answer by louise2 at 6:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• todrai= to deal

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Why not just cut it shorter instead of shaving it? I would never shave my daughter's head, even though I was told if I did it grow back thicker. She wouldn't like it, she knows what girls things and boy things are.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:41 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I would say some condtioning treatments are in order, also a spray in condl might help, could you braid it to avoid it getting tangled during the day?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:15 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Try a little bit of pink oil in her hair. Also deep condition it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:49 AM on Mar. 29, 2013