Do you have any irrational fears?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Health

• I used to kind of have a fear of abandonment but, I've overcome it. I'm technically not afraid of heights but, I'm afraid of falling from heights (which I don't think is irrational since I could be hurt or killed from that). And, I'm afraid of snakes (again, I don't consider that irrational).

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Yes, fear of abandonment. It stems from having parents who never picked me up on time and left me sitting on the wall outside (sunday scool, library, etc) until long after the others had gone. I go out of my way to be on time to pick up my children because of this.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 9:21 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I'm afraid of the dark. I can sleep in it but I nearly have a panic attack walking around in it. I hate going outside in the dark too.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am terrified of monkeys. It stems from a trip to the zoo when I was three. There was a chimp who went bonkers and was screaming and throwing poop. They had put a sheet of plastic in front of his cage. Creepy and horrible.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:52 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I have a fear of dying before my youngest is grown & out on her own. I want nothing more than to make sure I'm here to prepare her for the world & be there for her like my mom is for me! :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:44 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I also have a fear that something will happen to one of my kids. I know I couldn't bear that! :(

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I can't sleep with doors open in my room. I have to have my closet, and masterbath room doors closed. And the door leading out of the room shut.

Answer by louise2 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 29, 2013