does your husband's (so) sperm have a strong odd smell????

my husband always ejaculates inside me-and I love it but than it seem like Ican't get rid of that strong smell. He does'nt eat anything odd but his sperm smells funny. Could it be me or a combination of the both of us? I wash and srub right after we are done but it still kinda lingers...
douching is'nt an option because I have its NOT good for you in anyway.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• It is not the sperm, it is more likely you (the woman) no matter how well you scrub if the smell is there it will be there until it is ready to leave but you can continue to clean up as often as you like just to have a piece of mind. The man is lucky because he can wash his shit and he is done but us woman have to wait it out. And yes douching is not good for the vagina it will strip away all our natural fluid that the vagina gives out. So just continue to do what you are doing and let it out naturally. Now if it never leaves I suggest you go to your gyno. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• he may not eat anything weird, but regular foods can change the odor. spicy things, or garlic can make it stinky lol. its probably just his diet. even though his diet is normal.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Are you sure it's not "your parts" that smell...? I know after sex I tend to have a slight odor for a few days, even though I clean etc...

Have you ever done any other sexual things ex: hand job to know if it's actually the sperm that smells.

I have a feeling it's actually the women who has the smell not the sperm itself. KWIM ?
    Anonymous

• My SO's sperm smells sometimes. He does not go inside me. We laugh because it sometimes
    smells like cut grass.
    Anonymous

• Orig.Poster-
    I think its him. He has went on the sheets before and I didnt wash em right away but a few hours later when I went in to take the sheets off the bed they smelled.
    I know I have a small bit of odor- so I know its not all him.
    Anonymous

• I never, ever have an odor - except for after sex, so I know what you mean. Regular old deodorant soap helps best. And try wearing a panty liner the next day, and change it every time you use the bathroom. It helps quite a bit. Don't use Jergins, Ivory, or any other soaps like those because they create a smell. Body wash doesn't work either. Coast, Dial, Zest, Lever, Irish Spring - those all work great to get rid of odor and keep it away.
    Anonymous

• Summer's Eve makes a non-soap cleanser for privates. DH and I both use it down there... quite refreshing! Not to mention, bottle clearly says, "Kills odor-causing bacteria."

Give that a try... $3 at walmart.
    ; )
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 3:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I know what you mean. If we go without a few days I don't but when he does it's nasty! Rule number 1, always wash RIGHT after you have sex, because the left over residue will get a strong smell.
    I bought some Vagisil feminine wash at Dollar General one time and that stuff works great! and it's pretty cheap for a big bottle.
    I also know that strong smelling soaps that you use down there actually make it worse...No lie.
    Don't use any panties besides cotton! Polyester and spandex WILL make it worse...
    Anonymous

• I also forgot to add that sperm doesn't have a strong smell at first but as it sits it will, and the mixture of it being with your fluids will cause a smell, so it's not really you but just the mixture of both.
    Anonymous

• thanks ladie. I'll have to try that was. -)
    Anonymous