Got a kindle fire :)

Any good books or series to recommend? I'm open to any genre

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:05 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Entertainment

• I have been enjoying the Life After War series by Angela White - the first 2 are free and the 5th isn't out yet. There is another one but I've forgotten the name. Will post later when I have my Kindle Fire.
    Congrats on the Kindle - I love mine!

Answer by missanc at 12:23 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I only read about sex and vampires. Sorry.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:04 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am ashamed to say that so far I have just played games.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:51 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• The other series I read that was really good started with Whispers in Autumn by Trish Leigh as the first book, which is also free - the other 3 are paid, but not expensive (I don't buy books that are over $5!). Most of what I read are "science fictioney," not books that people really into science fiction would like, but most have a science fiction type aspect to them.
    Other books I've read are Fast Tracked and Fast Trapped by Tracy Rozzlyn, waiting for the 3rd book in the trilogy.
    For apps, check out Kindle Books and Tips. He used to post free books daily, but got into a little issue with Amazon so now he posts discounted books daily but also some good tips on organizing things on your Kindle and some other how to tips.
    Also, check out your local library. I found mine has a huge selection of e-books that I can download for 2 weeks at a time. When I can't find free books I like, I check out the selection at my library.

Answer by missanc at 1:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• What genres do you like? I read a lot of mysteries and horror novels. There are a lot of very good, self published books on Kindle that are free or very little money. And it's nice that you can get a sample of any book to see if you like it.

I like Tonya Kappas (all of the different series are good), Mary Daheim, M. C. Beaton, Edie Claire, J. C. Phelp (this series is good too).
    Nos4

Answer by Nos4 at 3:17 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• The Outlander series is really good. Really long book, though.
    Same for Game of Thrones series (Song of Fire and Ice is the series, or something like it.)
    I got the whole set of The Hunger Games Trilogy for $5 last week, it might still be similarly priced.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I am planning to get one too..
    amyjackson234

Answer by amyjackson234 at 5:44 AM on Apr. 9, 2013