Beef tongue?? Ever had it?

Has anyone ever eaten or cooked beef tongue? I read online that it is really good but not sure I can get over the look of it to try it.... Is it cheaper than other beef like steak or hamburger meat??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• never heard of it

I've had cow's tongue once when I was a kid & had to eat it & it tasted like sausage - gross though blah!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:18 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I've cooked once as hunter but never eat it.
    kity-bity

Answer by kity-bity at 1:20 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I've seen it grilled, and really after being cooked it just looks like a bit of mangled steak. It doesn't appear gross.

That said.. I'm still not eating tongue. The thought of it grosses me out, and knowing what they look like raw at the store doesn't help.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Yes it is good IF it is cooked properly.. It is grainier like liver or other organ meats. Once it is cooked you will need to peel back the outer membraine and discard it.
    I have never seen it offered in my stores so I can not say about the cost.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:31 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• It actually is not an organ but a muscle - so I am imagining it might be good (I hate liver) since it is muscle like steak?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I've never cooked it, but I have eaten it, and it's very good. I've had it on tacos, I think it's called tacos lengua, and sliced in sandwiches.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:37 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Yeah, I got tricked into eating once as a kid. It was prepared BBQ beef style. It was good & I didn't find out til after we were done eating what kind of beef was really in that BBQ beef! Agh!!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• No thank you.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:07 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• Nah, I'll pass.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 2:35 PM on Mar. 29, 2013

• I've tried just about anything off a cow as we butcher our own. Have to admit that is one I can't stand along with liver, heart and Mountain Oysters. Just plain gross.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:50 PM on Mar. 29, 2013