Too much pergo?

We're selling our home and the people who viewed it today said there was "too much pergo." It's a 2-story townhome with pergo in the living room, stairs on the carpet, and then pergo all throughout upstairs. I think it's much nicer and cleaner than carpet, but is it really a bad thing to have when selling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• not at all!! actually the best thing in resale values are wood floors, be it pergo or real wood or laminate. That was probably just not their taste. if you are still having this problem with more people (which i highly doubt you will) try getting a large area rug to break up the floors a bit. but honestly it was probably just not their particular taste
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• It's just a personal taste thing, I think. Like me, personally, I love hardwood floors, but I wouldn't want them in my bedroom or living room, b/c I like the carpet. Some people like hardwood, some like carpet, some tile. It's all a matter of personal preference.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I agree with the other poster. We have the original hardwood floors all through our house, not an inch of carpet. Tile is in the "wet areas" like bathrooms, kitchen and laundry room. Everyone has different tastes though. If you see more responses like that, try an area rug like the above post says.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 3:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Wood floors are the best. Someone with pets and kids will be thankful. Carpet can be easily laid over and wood - even underneath carpet -always increases house value. Are you sure they weren't just trying to lower the cost?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I would LOVE to have that! I think the buyers just didn't like it. But usually pergo increases value.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009