How to handle a situation when a Mother is threatening to keep her kids away from the father because he is trying to work on things in his new relationship?

So basically my boyfriend and I had a lil tiff (no kids around). He wanted some space and for 1 week we didn't see eachother, but realized we vauled our relationship more than our egos and and working on our differences and how to understand each other better. Well during the week long break his ex wife asked him what was going on or wrong with him (when getting the kids)? He mentioned that we had broken up and needed some space. Well 3 days later she randomly text him to see if he was ok and when he yes "Yes we are working on things" She flipped out on him and said he can't see or take his kids around me. I have never treated those kids wrong and I have a daughter myself. Our kids love each other and call each other sisters. I am always doing arts and crafts with them, taking them to various activities and theme parks. We get the kids EVERY Weekend and now she won't let us have them at all??

stepmomma27

Asked by stepmomma27 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 29, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• If you are only 5 months in on a relationship and have already separated and need to work on "issues" you are not ready for marriage even if you are pregnant.

I wouldn't want my children exposed to the drama. However there's nothing his ex can do to stop you seeing them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• If there is a court order for those visits, call the authorities and make her follow them, or take it to court again

Answer by older at 9:11 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Btw our split was because he lost a very close friend & pushed me away b/c of it. He doesn't have a relationship with his parents & thus friend was the closest person to him. I fought to show him I was there for him but he was really emotional & just wanted to be alone. He has gone to counseling & is considering his relationship with his father as well. So it want that we couldn't get along or fought over things. It was just a difficult situation for him to bare at first. Regardless of your feeling about 5 months or pregnancy we feel its a blessing. (we've known each other a lot longer than 5 months fyi)
    stepmomma27

Comment by stepmomma27 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• Wasn't* [sorry its my phone]
    stepmomma27

Comment by stepmomma27 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Mar. 30, 2013

• & I'm not a huge believer in marriage. I feel that if you're both happy & in love with each other than what is a piece of paper going to change? We've both been married before & are just fine with our life together as is. We know what we want in life & we're going on helping each other get there to achieve our goals.
    stepmomma27

Comment by stepmomma27 (original poster) at 9:29 AM on Mar. 30, 2013